11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2011 11:17 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

motorola qip HD/DVR QIP6416-1 REMOTE ISSUE

ACC127099

hello all,

i have been using my PRO-HD SLINGBOX for over a year now and have been watching the content on my macbook through my firefox browser for the past couple of months. i have not had any problems with the site since i started using it until yesterday. all of a sudden my remote and all its button functions have been grayed out and i can not press any of the buttons to change the station, browse, etc. i've tried reconfiguring the composite inputs and when i browse and FIND my motorola QIP6416-1 HD/DVR and install every IR binary functions the remote pops up but I CANT CLICK ANY OF THE BUTTONS....i then click next anyway and type in a number to change the channel it WORKS and then i finalize all the settings but when i load the website application the remote pop up is grayed out again and can't click any buttons

any help would be great thanks

• Re: motorola qip HD/DVR QIP6416-1 REMOTE ISSUE
            ACC127099

Thanks for the help. here are my answers for the questions from the readme.txt file

1. when i put in the code i get an error message and was not able to click the power button to even try the code.

2. I was not able to give the power command plenty of time to react because of the error code.

3. after completing the steps non of the buttons worked.

4. the IR blasters have been tested and are working

5. i have changed the position of the IR blasters numerous times and have not had any success.

6. when trying to use the site: http://betaremotes.slingbox.com i can't even get into it because i have firefox 7 and says that i need firefox 3

again thanks for the help. is there any other solution that you could think of?

alanrichey42 Master
                1. when i put in the code i get an error message and was not able to click the power button to even try the code.

again thanks for the help. is there any other solution that you could think of?

That's the only important one.   It means that the system is not seeing the 2 BIN files.   Are you sure you have put both of them in the right place ?   Have you followed the instructions EXACTLY ?

ACC127099

i have.

one interesting thing that i saw was that when i placed the files in the folder they become "copies" of the previous files that were already in the folder. (listed below)

SBAV-JB.sbav

SBAV-JB.sbav copy

SBAV-PK.sbav

SBAV-PK.sbav copy

SBAV-PL.sbav

SBAV-PL.sbav copy

SBAV-RV.sbav

SBAV-RV.sbav copy

i do get the prompt that says macs do not support the HD function in the slingplayer when i do open the setup assistant. this has nothing to do with the remote feature correct?

update: i looked at the wording in the text file again and i thought i might have done it wrong so i dropped these files in the SBAV folder:

C0483_PL 2.bin

C0483_PL.bin

C0483_RV.bin

but when typing in the code i still was prompted with an error saying that sling can not load the IR code you selected