1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 8:58 AM by Fofo RSS

Internet Speed Requirements for Sling Box

Samboyz

Friends,

I am plannign to buy a Sling Box - pro hd version in chennai, india  and connect with my satellite cable receiver to watch indian tv channels outside India or while I am travelling. Internet speeds in India is still evolving so I am not sure what speeds are required to watch the programs on TV. Back  in Singapore where I stay have upload speeds of 3704 Kbps and download speeds of 1115 kpbs.

I need your help here before I invest in the sling box. What is

A) the maximum and the minimum upload and download internet speeds required to watch the program continuously without any buffeting or freezing of images with sound

B) for HD broadcast does the sling box need higher internet speeds.

Appreciate if you can help here.

Thanks

Sam

• Re: Internet Speed Requirements for Sling Box
          Apprentice

Hi Samboyz,

You can find the network system requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD here,

Slingbox PRO-HD - Tech Specs

At the Slingbox location the upload speed should be at least 384 Kbps for Standard Definition (SD) and 1.5 Mbps to get High Definition (HD)

Back in Singapore where I stay have upload speeds of 3704 Kbps and download speeds of 1115 kpbs.

I recommend to confirm this numbers at speedtest.net and click on 'Begin Test', normally the download speed is faster than the upload speed

A) the maximum and the minimum upload and download internet speeds required to watch the program continuously without any buffeting or freezing of images with sound

It seems that remotely you will not have any inconvenience about the network, but at the Slingbox location, with 500kbps of upload, it will work okay.

B) for HD broadcast does the sling box need higher internet speeds.

That's correct, upload speed at home and download speed remotely of 1.5 Mbps at least.

Hope this helps

Regards