6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 4:02 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC remote issues?

ryan03ku

I am wondering if anyone else is having issues with the  Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC remote again?    I was experiencing issues back when there was the skin issue with this remote a few months ago.  I was suggested to change my Sling setup to Time Warner 8300HD and I havent had issues with the remote since.    Now all the sudden the remote wont work again.  Its been like this now for 4-5 days.  I have tried setting up the all the various Scientific Atlanta remotes (including 8300HD) and none of them work either.  I have tried connecting from my ipod, computer and sling catcher and nothing works.  My friend told me the IR blasters are lined up right and plugged in.  Is there some system issue that could be causing this?  Is anyone else having this issue?  All the buttons on my remote show up on the skin, I just hit them and nothing happens.  I have tried hitting all buttons.  The sling is connecting fine I just cant change any channels or get the picture to come on because it is in sleep mode with the buttons not working.

• Re: Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC remote issues?
          patandlisa

I'm having the same problem with my Verizon box. If you can find a way to reset the slingbox (unplug and replug) it'll work again... but unfortunately there's no way to remotely restart the box (that I've found) other than pushing buttons so fast that you crash the box and it resets itself. If anyone else can help with this issue with a better, more permanent answer, that'd be very helpful.

alanrichey42 Master

You also need to check if your IR Blasters haven't failed.  http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000042.html

ryan03ku

I had my friend pull all the cables out from the sling....wait 10 seconds and then put them all back in....first time i got my remote back but the volume stopped working....so i had him pull all the cables out and put them all back in again after 10 seconds and everything worked....but only for a day...then the next time i went to connect i lost the remote again....

any ideas?

alanrichey42 Master

First thing to note is that the Volume control is not relevant.   Slingplayer 'hijacks' that command and uses it to control it's own volume, so it never actually gets sent to the Slingbox.

Pulling the cables doesn't really do anything, you really need to reset the Slingbox.  But the initial setup has to be done at the Slingbox location so that will be a problem for you.

ryan03ku

I assume you are meaning not just to hit the reset button on the back, but to do a full factory reset?  Is that correct?  I have tried the reset button several times and still have these intermittent issues.

Is it not possible for my friend to do the factory reset in the US and do the initial setup on his laptop?  or will I then have problems to log in with my laptop/sling catcher ??

Thanks for the help!

alanrichey42 Master

rI assume you are meaning not just to hit the reset button on the back, but to do a full factory reset?  Is that correct?  I have tried the reset button several times and still have these intermittent issues.

Yes.  If you have inyermittent issues it could be a corruption in the box somewhere, but until you have done a factory reset you don't know if it is permanent problem with the hardware.

Is it not possible for my friend to do the factory reset in the US and do the initial setup on his laptop?

Yes, that is fine if he knows what to do.