3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2011 2:04 PM by ranaleon RSS

I can watch tv but my dvr isn't working

gaskinsjmej

I can watch tv on the computer through the slingbox connected to directv but I can't watch anything that's been recorded. Please help

• Re: I can watch tv but my dvr isn't working
          chakkarinen Apprentice

Do you have your SB located between the DVR and the TV?   Does the "virtual remote" shown on your computer screen when viewing the SB streaming look identical to the real remote that you use with the DVR?  What button do you push on the real remote to switch from TV viewing to recorded program viewing?   Does a similar button appear on your virtual remote on your computer screen when SB streaming?

gaskinsjmej

Everything looks the exact same way is always has but lately the recorded shows have not been working. There used to be no problem but now when I click on a recorded show to watch the screen just goes blank. The remote is still the same and everything. I can watch tv and the guide works and there's on other problem.

Apprentice

Hi, gaskinsjmej

It seems that you are having some issues in order to access the DVR settings with your Slingbox.

If everything was working fine before and stopped working all of a sudden, I recommend you verify the connections running between the Slingbox (inputs) to the DVR (outputs). Then, run the "Configure inputs" process all over again.

Make sure to follow these recomnmendations and let us know how it works for you.

Regards