2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2011 12:05 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

HDMI disrupts

silberfarb

Slingbox Pro HD.  Comcast HD DVR cable box.  I have cable signal into cable box via coax.  Component going from cable box to Slingbox. Component going to TV 1.  HDMI going from cable box to TV 2.  I get audio but no video on computer and mobile devices connecting to Slingbox.  When I disconnect HDMI (connected to TV 2) from cable box, I get full audio and video.

I've read about HDMI and Slingbox, but in my setup HDMI is not directly involved.  Anyone with advice?

• Re: HDMI disrupts
          silberfarb

Update:  I got it to work but only by using composite cables to go from cable box to Slingbox, with commensurate degradation of image on my HD tvs.  Are there any work arounds that allow at the very least the use of composite cable to connect the cable box with the Slingbox?

• Re: HDMI disrupts
              alanrichey42 Master

Check out HDCP on Wikepedia.   Basically, the moment you plug something into the HDMI output of your cable box all other HD outputs (component in your case) are disabled.   So you have to use composite (SD) for the Slingbox.

The only solution is to unplug the HDMI, use component from the cable box to the Slingbox and then the component pass-through to drive the TV.