2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 7:46 PM by rosshj RSS

Connecting through Comcast

rosshj

I'm having no luck connecting through comcast in the US.  There appears to be no firewall issues and I've upgarded to their fastest internet but this males no difference.  The problem is efinitely Comcast's service since I can connect through other routes but concast seem unable to help.  Anyone any ideas?

• Re: Connecting through Comcast
          Apprentice

Hi, rosshj

It seems that you are having some issues when trying to connect to your Slingbox.

We encourage you to include further details about the issues you are dealing with (error messages, network configuration, etc). This way, the community will be able to provide you with accurate recommendations.

Regards

• Re: Connecting through Comcast
            rosshj

There really isn't much more detail to explain.  I can connect and stream video through various other services but not Comcast.  Unfortunately Comcast is my supplier,  I wouldn't have contracted with them had I known the Slingbox wouldn't work .  The connection goes through until loading the remote but it never or very rearely succeeds in loading the remote, times out and gives the fail to connect message.  On the 1 or 2 ocassions it has got through to loading the remote it just hangs almost immediately afterwards.  The only possible reason I've read on the internet is that the Slingbox optimisation of video quality conflicts with Comcasts own system to minimise bandwidth to need,  I've switched the router firewall off but it makes no difference.