1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 2:33 PM by ranaleon RSS

How to limit upload or download rate

adamghz

Hi, I am using a Verizon 4G LTE hotspot and I am getting very high quality video that is eating up my data (800-1000Kbps) I want to limit it to a lower quality, and can not find the settings to do it.  I saw some articles that said goto the encoding tab but I can not find that on setup.slingbox.com.  I have a slingbox SOLO.  I am using an iphone, and I have already turned off the HQ setting within the app and also one audio channel.

Thanks for the help.

• Re: How to limit upload or download rate
          Apprentice

Hi, adamghz

I understand that you are having some issues trying to control the upload / download rate.

If you want to control the bandwidth usage, you'll need to check your router settings, however, we cannot provide you with this information since we do not handle it. In that case, I recommend you contact your ISP / router provider in order to know how to.

Since you are using the web-based application, you can try to adjust the bandwidth using the "Quality" feature, which is located next to the "Streaming speed" feature at the bottom of the SlingPlayer screen. If you do not know how to locate it, make sure to check this link.

Where things are when using Watch on Slingbox.com

Regards