1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 12:07 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Use Harmony 700 to control Slingplayer?

mattva

Hi--

I hope you can help.  I've spent a fair amount of time working on this and no joy.

I have a Windows 7 Windows Media Center PC with a Media Center remote control.  When watching TV via the Slingplayer software, the good news is that FF, REW, Pause, Stop, ChUP, ChDown, arrow, etc.. on the Media Center remote control map to the Slingplayer software on-screen remote control. This means that I can control many Slingplayer functions using my Media Center remote.

I've set up my Logitech Harmony 700 to be a Windows Media Center remote as well and this also works for controlloing the on-screen remote on the Slingplayer software.  However, there are a few buttons that I can't get either remote (Windows Media Center or Logitech Harmony 700) to trigger including: Guide, Menu, Info, Exit, List, A, B, C...

I also have a wireless keyboard that I can control the Slingplayer on-screen remote with--"G" for guide, "M" for menu, "X" for exit, etc.

I would rather use the remote than the keyboard, though, and I spent a lot of time trying to cutomize the Logitech Harmony 700 to send a simple "G" character, or "X", but no luck.

Any ideas from the collective wisdom of the slingbox community on how I can control my Slingbox on-screen remote from my Logitech Harmony 770 remote control?

Alan Richey looks like the expert, I hope he has some ideas!