3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2011 11:29 AM by ranaleon RSS

2.1.64 firmware update failures

lebert248

I'm trying to upgrade firmware to 2.1.64 for my HD Pro, to support iPad mobile.

It gets to 51% thru and then 'Error upgrading Firmware';  shows the Retry button, but always the same thing.

I have done all of the tips recommended on the support pages- reset slingbox, reset/start router, etc.
      I cannot get a firmware update!!!!! I can still watch my slingbox on the internet, Iphone and android, however because I cannot get the 2.1.64 upgrade I cannot watch on my new Ipad2! Leaving for a long work trip in 36 hours and want to get this working!
      Please help me find a way to make the firmware upgrade go through.
      thank you!

• Re: 2.1.64 firmware update failures
          BrandonC Novice

lebert248 wrote:

I'm trying to upgrade firmware to 2.1.64 for my HD Pro, to support iPad mobile.

It gets to 51% thru and then 'Error upgrading Firmware';  shows the Retry button, but always the same thing.

I have done all of the tips recommended on the support pages- reset slingbox, reset/start router, etc.
          I cannot get a firmware update!!!!! I can still watch my slingbox on the internet, Iphone and android, however because I cannot get the 2.1.64 upgrade I cannot watch on my new Ipad2! Leaving for a long work trip in 36 hours and want to get this working!
          Please help me find a way to make the firmware upgrade go through.
          thank you!

Do you have the Slingbox connected directly to your router or via a switch, wireless bridge or something else? If not connected directly then connect it straight to your router and try again.

• Re: 2.1.64 firmware update failures
              lebert248

I normally am hooked up with wireless but I did hard wire the unit directly to the router to try and get the firmware update. Still have the same problem, the only difference is it looked like it go tot 54% before it said there was an error.

this is soooo frustrating. My 1 year warranty ran out 14 days ago (of course) so now I will have to pay sling box $29 to have them help me. Plus I had already purchased the app for my Ipad so I am out another $30 if I can't get this firmware to upgrade.

any other suggestions from anyone? I have tried everything on the forums & slingbox support boards to no avail.

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *