4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2011 11:52 AM by ranaleon RSS

Anybody experiencing poor internet connection with AT&T?

AirJordan1

I have a Slingbox Classic, for the past few months I've been unable to connect because of a "poor internet connection".  When it first happened I thought it was because of a poor internet connection where I was (my girlfriend's apartment), but I can't even load on my home computer.  I've checked all the connections, etc. and the network light was solid after fiddling around with disconnecting and reconnecting a few things, when I went to try again the network light started blinking.  Does AT&T internet just suck or am I doing something wrong?

• Re: Anybody experiencing poor internet connection with AT&T?
          ralada2

I have the same problem.My sling box has been installed for over 2 years and this is the first time I have not been able to get it to work.I've called ATT U-verse and they can't or won't help.I'm hopeing someone can find the answer to our problem.

AirJordan1

After even more experimenting last night I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea what's going on.  I called my girlfriend and had her test it on her laptop (because my network light and power light were both lit up so I wanted to watch the Slingbox to see what was happening) - she logged on and the "n" in Slingbox lit up like it was working, on her end it said it was loading the remote, but it never got past that, then the "n" light went out and the network light started blinking - and on her end it said due to a poor internet connection it couldn't connect.  Please help!  I need to watch football next weekend!!!!

Apprentice

Hi, AirJordan1

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox Classic since it shows the "poor Internet connection" error message. Besides, the Slingbox Classic network light is blinking.

The first situation to take care of is the blinking network light. This means that the Slingbox is not able to pick up the IP address from your router. In this case, I recommend you to check the following link in order to fix this issue.

The Network light on my Slingbox is blinking

Make sure to apply these instructions and let us know how it works for you.

Regards

AirJordan1

Thanks for the response, Ranaleon, but I already did all that.  Twice.  The Slingbox is acting like it's connected OK (lights on, not blinking) until I try to actually use it, then it decides to start blinking when the "poor internet connection" message comes up after the remote fails to load.  It seems to me that the Slingbox is hooked up and working fine, but somehow the internet provided by AT&T is not fast enough to run it.