4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 2:00 PM by palmerg RSS

Help cant see Slingbox on Network TWG 850TS router

ninanip

When searching for my new slingbox (PRO HD) I cant see it on the network.

We have got (in our new home) a TWG 850TS for internet connection.

Any suggestions?

Also HOW TO GET HOLD of the telephone support because I do have my 90 days support

kr Nina Denmark

• Re: Help cant see Slingbox on Network TWG 850TS router
          Apprentice

Hi Ninanip,

We need you to be more specific. Unfortunately, your post is not clear enough and we need you to give us as much as information as possible. Is the Slingbox hardwired to the router? Are you getting two solid lights on the Slingbox?

I recommend to confirm that the Slingbox is hardwired using a regular Ethernet cable no longer than 7ft long. Then, try to Reset the Slingbox and after you get solid lights again, run the Setup at slingbox.com

Let us know how it works

Regards

ninanip

Biya

I thought that was specifique enough

Anyway, TWG is not a routing device, it is a modem with wifi connection

A's it cant be accessed through an admin page ( 192.168..) one cannot change any setup.

Putting an old netgear router between, did the thing.

Now I only have be able to see the 7 of the 46 found Chanels, signal to weak it seems... Any suggestions here?

Nina

Apprentice

Nina, is the Slingbox connected to a cable box or is it connected to the wall using a coaxial cable? If you connect a TV to the same coaxial cable to the wall not using a Set-top box, are you able to find all the channels? It's possible that the signal coming from the wall is encrypted or scrambled, in that case it's necessary to use a cable box so you will be able to get all the channels. If this is not the case, I mean, if you connect a TV to the same coax and you get all the channels, I recommend to Reset the Slingbox to factory settings to scan all the channels again when you run the Setup at Slingbox.com.

Regards

palmerg Newbie

Hello,

I have found a users guide for a TWG850 but you nay have a newer model.

It seems ot have a web based interface but can you tell me if it does and if you know how to access it?

Also look at the back of the TWG850 - there should be 2 phone ports/connectors but there could be 1 or 4 network/ethernet connectors

The network connectors will be wider but look similar to the phone ports.

If you have 1 then you will need a network switch if you have 4 then you should be good to go.

Answer this and I will do a little more research to get you running.

Gary

I have attached a file of a picture of the back of teh TWG850 from the users guide I found see if this looks anything like your device and let me know.