6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2013 6:20 AM by johnxdb Branched to a new discussion. RSS

No sound - only static in Greece

myronmark

Hi , i have good image but no sound using aerial tv cable in Greece .Static is all i can hear . My Slingbox Pro works fine with satelite set top box .  Any suggestions please ? I allready tried all different locations and languages with no luck . Thanks a lot !!

• Re: No sound - only static in Greece
          Apprentice

Hi, myronmark

I understand that you are having some issues with the coaxial signal on your Slingbox PRO, since it streams no audio signal.

I recommend you to use the same Coaxial cable from your set top box to the TV set. This test will allow you to determine if the issue is related to the Coaxial cable or the Slingbox. If the TV set gets both audio and video, you'll need to reset the Slingbox and run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing one more time.

Regards

alanrichey42 Master

Where did you get the Slingbox from ? I think you might find that Greece uses a different type of audio stream on the terrestrial TV compared with the one in the Slingbox.   I had a similar problem with a UK TV that wouldn't work in Italy, good picture but only static.

myronmark

Thanks everybody for the help . It seems audio in greek tv stations is not compatible with slingbox . I connected my coaxial antena cable to an old VHS recorder and i used the scart to rca cable to connect it to my slingbox. That was it . Problem solved .