4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2011 8:06 AM by ierwin88 RSS

No sound on first start - works fine on second start

ierwin88

I've had a Pro-HD for a week or so. There's a minor annoyance. I open a tab in Firefox and go to www.slingbox.com. I am already logged in. I click "watch" and I get video but no sound. I close the tab, immediately reopen it, and go through the previous process and video & sound come on with sound maybe a half second behind the video (or maybe simultaneous???) Seems to happen when I am on the home network and away. Any thoughts or do I just

live with the 2 step process? Thanks.

• Re: No sound on first start - works fine on second start
          Apprentice

Hi, ierwin88

It seems that you are having some issues with the Slingbox PRO HD since the audio signal is not working fine.

We recommend you to run the TV sources configuration one more time. Let us know if this process allows you to fix this issue.

Regards

ierwin88

Thanks for the reply/suggestion.

Shortly after I posted the question my slingbox seemed be OK (sound starting coming on right away.) I'm not using it much right now but when we go to southern Nevada for the winter, I will leave it in Colorado with over-the-air antenna input so that I can watch the Denver Broncos football games which aren't broadcast much on the Las Vegas TV stations. It will save me the cost of other options and we prefer the Denver broadcast times better than the LV times.

chakkarinen Apprentice

If you've not done so already, I would suggest confirming your SB performance from an Internet site OUTSIDE of your local router network.   This could be as simple as going over to a McDonalds or Starbucks with your laptop computer and attempt to view your Slingbox -- I would try it with both the web browser based connection (by opening a browser window at http://watch.slingbox.com with either an IE or Firefox browser) and with the stand-alone Slingplayer software for Windows and Mac computers.    Better to confirm  the operation while you are still in Denver, rather than find problems after you are 600 miles away.