26 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2010 1:43 AM by Lanza RSS

Favorities and SlingCatcher

stasioau

Hi, Can somebody explain me how to create favorites’ list of TV channels in SlingCatcher?

How to change this list?

I am first day SlingCatcher user.

Will appreciate any comments.

stasioau

• Re: Favorities and SlingCatcher
          Novice

Hi stasioau,

Thanks for  participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

Check out these links on our support site about SlingPlayer Guide  Favorites lists:

About Favorites  List

Create New  Favorites List

Kind Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

Novice

Lanza!

Thanks  for  participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

Have in mind  that for you to be able to get the favorites, you will need to set them  up by using the SlingPlayer then, you will be able to bypass to the TV.

Thanks,

The  Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

stasioau

Hi to All

Let's me explain my problem one time more.

I have SlingBox located in Europe connected to decoder etc.to transfer package of specific TV channels to my SlingCatcher.

I have SlingCatcher in Ontario, Canada connected to my TV set. I am watching numbers of TV channels taken from my slingcatcher.

I would like have list of my favorites. In SlingCatcher I can open Favorites (--setup) but can not take any channel from all channels list to favorites area.

In SlingPlayer, on my computer, create Favotites list lets say "Dom1" but can not see it in my catcher.

Will be appreciate for help.

stasioau

stasioau

Complains

To Manager of Sling Technical/Operation Service

I have two Sling units: Sling box and Sling catcher. Sling box is located in Europe and Sling catcher in Ontario, Canada. Both units are dedicated to receive Package of TV programs using internet. Units have been bought in April 2010.

Complain No1.

Favorite setup

My Sling catcher (serial no C26071202088) have Favorite option: Setup—Channel Organizing—OK—PIN Code (0000)—OK—Favorites Channels. On the Favorite Channels window, there are two parts: left and right. Left = FAV 1, FAV 2, etc. Right = TV List. I can change FAV 1 to FAV 2, etc, punching red button.  I can select channels in TV list using arrow up/down. Cannot move any channel from TV list to FAV 1 (this list is always empty).

Please send me step by step setup, how to create Favorite list

Complain No2

In Sling catcher remote control, under down arrow, is “scissor” button.

Please explain how I can use it

Complain No3

What is application of: Custom10, 11, 12, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25,and Custom26?

Can you please how can I use it?

General

There is no information about issues presented above under telephone number: 877 326 6496

There is no information in your user guide booklet.

There is no on line information.

I spent lot of money for Sling products, but today I am very disappointed and unsatisfied with your service.

Sincerely yours

Stanislaw Augustynowicz

stasioau@rogers.com

Lanza Newbie

stasioau

I have a SlingCatcher and I have never seen a favorites feature.  From what you describe I think the favorites you are seeing are a function of the your AV unit that you have connected to your Slingbox in Europe, and nothing to do with your SlingCatcher.  You need to first work out how to use your AV unit before you try to do the same thing via SlingCatcher.

The scissor key is "cut" and, as far as I know, is for a feature that has never been implemented.

The custom keys control functions on your AV unit that are not available on the SlingCatcher remote.  To find out what they are, first use Slingplayer on a PC and see what keys, if any, they have been allocated to on the virtual remote.

I think you may be getting mixed up between SlingCatcher functions and those of your European AV unit, whatever that is.

stasioau

Thanks.

Again my question is the same: what is the method to create my favorites list? Create list in SlingBox does not transfer to SlingCatcher.

stasioau

Lanza Newbie

stasioau

I think perhaps we should take this very slowly, one step at a time......

Can you connect to your Slingbox using the stand alone SlingPlayer 2.0 application on a PC?

stasioau

Yes Lanza, I can login and connect to my SlingBox in Europe.

Lanza Newbie

OK.

When you connect to your SlingBox with SlingPlayer on your PC there is a heart shaped symbol near the top right hand corner of the SlingPlayer panel.  Click it to load "Favorites" in a separate panel (if you have created any).

Are those the "favorites" that you are referring to?

stasioau

Yes, I open it as Favorites and created on this panel list of 4 channels.

stasioau

Lanza Newbie

Are these the favorites that you are wanting to access, as favorites, with your SlingCatcher?

Are these the favorites that you refer to in "Complain number 1"?

stasioau

Yes, I would have this list as a favorites in my SlingCatcher (compl no 1)

Lanza Newbie

Mmm.  SlingCatcher does not have a favorites feature so I'm afraid you can't view those SlingPlayer favorites on SlingCatcher.  (Unless someone knows different.)

With regard to your Compl no 1, you describe a "favorite option" which is different to the 4 channels of favorites that you set up on your stand alone SlingPlayer....

My Sling catcher (serial no C26071202088) have Favorite option: Setup—Channel Organizing—OK—PIN Code (0000)—OK—Favorites Channels. On the Favorite Channels window, there are two parts: left and right. Left = FAV 1, FAV 2, etc. Right = TV List. I can change FAV 1 to FAV 2, etc, punching red button.  I can select channels in TV list using arrow up/down. Cannot move any channel from TV list to FAV 1 (this list is always empty).

You are not describing a SlingCatcher feature in your Compl no 1.

What model of Slingbox to you have in Europe?

stasioau

Well, I desribe what I have in SlingCatcher looking for Favorites option, Complain No 1, Favorite setup. You said that what I see does not work.Why other feture  like change language, time, parents controll and many more are working? You said that what I see is because Audio Vidio AV. I do not have any AV system connected to SlingCatcher (only TV set). SlingBox in Europe is connected to decoder and internet.

My SlingBox in Europe is SlingBox Classic.

Thanks so much and best regards

Lanza Newbie

stasioau

I didn't say you had an AV system connected to your SlingCatcher, I said you had an AV unit connected to your European Slingbox.  The AV unit is the "decoder" that you mention.

The features that you describe.......

....  like change language, time, parents controll and many more....

..... are features of your decoder, not features of your Slingbox or SlingCatcher.

So,

1) What is the make and model of the "decoder" connected to your Slingbox?

2) When you use SlingPlayer on your PC, do you see the correct "virtual remote" for your decoder on your PC screen?

stasioau

Sorry, I do not have any technical information about decoder what my provider used for my SlingBox.

On my PC when I open SlingPlayer and log in , see the virtual pilot opened on the left side of main window.

Thanks and regards

Lanza Newbie

Well the thing is, the favorites list that you described earlier are on the decoder, not the SlingPlayer or SlingCatcher.

Can you set up the favorites list using the SlingPlayer virtual remote on your PC?

stasioau

Yes, I create Favorites list of 4 channels, as FAV 1. All channels are working when I click on them.

Regards

Lanza Newbie

stasioau

Ignore that list.  As I said before you can't access that list with SlingCatcher.

I meant can you set up the decoder's favorites list ................

stasioau wrote:

Setup—Channel Organizing—OK—PIN Code (0000)—OK—Favorites Channels. On the Favorite Channels window, there are two parts: left and right. Left = FAV 1, FAV 2, etc. Right = TV List. I can change FAV 1 to FAV 2, etc, punching red button.  I can select channels in TV list using arrow up/down. Cannot move any channel from TV list to FAV 1 (this list is always empty).

.......that you referred to earlier?

stasioau

In decoder in Europe, connected with my SlingBox, has been created list of Favorites. Unfortunately I cannot see this list in my SlingCatcher.

After our discussion, I see for now, there is no method to have Favorites list in my SlingCatcher. It is very strange. In comparison to most satellite receivers, which been tested for many years, Sling units have not so good design and cost more than other receiver. Hope that someday designers of Sling units create better products.

Thanks so much for your assistance; best regards

stasioau

Lanza Newbie

stasioau

You could be correct in saying that there is no method to see your decoder's favorites list on your SlingCatcher but I think you are perhaps giving up too quickly.  Most remote commands are available somehow, if not directly on the remote controller then via the SlingCatcher Opt menus and maybe the custom commands.

You need to first check if you can see the decoder's favorites list on SlingPlayer on your PC.  (Not SlingPlayer's/Slinbox's own favorites list.)  You haven't answered that question.

It would also help if you knew  what "decoder" you were watching.  Then you could ask "does anybody know how to see the favorites list on a xyz-123?".

ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Stasioau,

I can't answer your primary question (I don't know the answer), but I can answer this one:

Complain No3

What is application of: Custom10, 11, 12, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25,and Custom26?

Can you please how can I use it?

The CustomXX commands are for remote control functions that are available, but aren't found on the on-screen remote.  They are device-specific, so what job they do is dependent on the video source device you're controlling.  The CustomXX commands are usually different for every source device, and some devices don't have any.

For example:  I have a Philips DVDR-3455H DVD/Hard Disk recorder.  The on-screen remote I see in SlingPlayer (same thing for SlingCatcher) is the generic DVR remote.  Custom13 switches to a list of shows recorded to the Hard Disk.  Custom14 switches back to the tuner.  Custom16 opens the timer menu so I can schedule future recordings.  There are more CustomXX commands for my device, they are for special buttons on the real remote that don't exist on the on-screen remote.

My friend has a similar recorder from another company.  Custom13 on his remote switches to DVD playback, Custom10 pulls up the Hard Disk recording list, etc.

My brother has his Slingbox connected to a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable box.  He has no CustomXX commands, all functions are present on the on-screen remote.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any list or available information that says what the CustomXX commands do on a given device.  You'll have to try them and see what happens.  Also, there is no way to rename CustomXX to something that makes sense.  You just have to remember or write them down. 

Hope this helps, and I wish you good luck on your other questions.

- Az

janusz44

any body now wot happen in slingcatcher,i try buy ,but any store stop selling this produkt why any one now about this please explain thanks