1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 11, 2011 12:48 AM by chakkarinen RSS

I set up my slingbox in cph and went to so it worked finefia. The first 5 days

perbm1

I set up my slingbox in denmark and went to sofia. The first 5 days it worked fine but for one week the computer comes back saying `cant locate your slingbox`. The download from the internet is 24 Mbits and in denmark the upload is 8Mbits, there is no firewall on the computer... who can help me.??

• Re: I set up my slingbox in cph and went to so it worked finefia. The first 5 days
          chakkarinen Apprentice

When you set up your Slingbox in Denmark,  did you program your router to assign a static IP address to the Slingbox, and then did you program your router to forward port 5001 to that static IP address?

If you did not do these two steps, I am guessing that your router has dynamically assigned a new local IP address to your Slingbox, so that the database that www.slingbox.com maintains of the WAN and LAN IP addresses of all connected devices has lost track of yours.   You can check the addresses in the directory by logging in to your Slingbox account at support.slingbox.com