3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 1:41 PM by ranaleon RSS

No audio with a freebox HD

lepetitzinc

Hello,

I connected  a freebox HD with my slingbox. Everything is perfect except I don't have audio sound. I connected the video throught a s-video cable (on the right side of the slingbox). i tried to connect the audio by a num audio cable (an orange cable) from by freebox to my slingbox (left side). But at the end no sound. What should I do?

Thanks and regards,

Erwan

• Re: No audio with a freebox HD
          alanrichey42 Master

The audio cables are red/white RCA composite leads.    Surely you have that output on the Freebox ?

lepetitzinc

thanks but i don't have any RCA out on my freebox. the only audio out is the audio num (orange). How can transfer the video through the S-video in and the sound through the S-Pdif in?

Thanks for your help. As the freebox is one of the most popular TV box in France, I am sure someone has a solution!

Apprentice

Hi, lepetitzinc

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO HD, since you are not able to get the audio signal.

If you are using the web-based application, you can keep on using the current connection. In that case, you only need to reset the Slingbox and adjust the settings. On the other hand, if you are using the SlingPlayer software you need to run the TV sources configuration one more time and make sure to select "Digital Audio" instead of the "Analog Audio" option. This option will be available if you use the Component cables instead.

Make sure to follow these indications and let us know how it works for you.

Regards