1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 10:00 AM by ranaleon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Connection issue

Thebaldbeast

I have the sling player on my I-phone 3GS (as well as my laptop) and have been watching it for around 18 months without any problems.

However in the past few days when I try to watch it on 3G, which was previously an excellent connection, it tells me that "...Slingplayer cannot connect to your Slingbox. Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet."

When I go back to my house and the phone picks up the W--Fi, it works perfectly again.

Why would it have stopped working with 3G for no reason and does anyone know how I can rectify this? To be honest I do not need it at home as I have the laptop. It seems that is it is only not working with 3G (or no W-fi) The only reason I have it on my i-phone is to watch when I am at work, and there is no Wi-fi I can access there.

Any help please?

Thanks

Stevie

• Re: Connection issue
          Apprentice

Hi, Thebaldbeast

It seems that you are no longer able to get the connection to your Slingbox while running the SPM application on your iPhone.

This issue might be related to any recent restriction applied by your ISP. In all case, we recommend you to set the Direct Connection on your computer as a second connection option. Then, you will be able to pull it up when using the Direct Connection on your iPhone.

The following link will provide you with the steps to follow in order to enable the Direct Connection option.

SlingPlayer and SPM may not connect to local Slingbox via Wi-Fi

Regards