2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 9:07 AM by pato RSS

Video 5 sec freeze/2 sec normal after Setup Assistant, video setting

pato

I've seen plenty of discussions regarding video freezing, but haven't seen this exact scenario, even though I can duplicate it 100% of the time.

Simply going into Windows Slingplayer, Setup Assistant, Video and Audio Settings, then changing Contrast, the video freezes for 5 seconds, then unfreezes for 2 seconds - in a never ending cycle.

Exiting from Setup Assistant and returning to the normal Slingplayer video window does not solve the problem. Closing Windows Slingplayer, then opening up the browser version continues with the 5 sec freeze/2 second normal video behavior.

Audio is not affected.

The only way I've been able stop this behavior has been to quickly press the Reset button on my Slingbox.

I'm using Windows 7, with a very broadband internet connection.  In all other aspects, my Slingbox has been working perfectly.

Has anyone else observed this freeze scenario?

Thanks...

• Re: Video 5 sec freeze/2 sec normal after Setup Assistant, video setting
          Apprentice

Hi, pato

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO HD, since it freezes up.

We recommend you to power cycle (unplug the Slingbox from the power outlet) the Slingbox for ten seconds and plug it back. Make sure to follow this recommendation and let us know how it works for you.

Regards

• Re: Video freezes after setting contrast, etc.
              pato

ranaleon, thanks for your suggestion of recycling.

However, I had already done that (as I mentioned in my post) - which was the only way to stop this cyclical freezing behavior.  So, the problem still exists, because I can reproduce the freezing EVERY time I go into setup and adjust my video settings (like CONTRAST).

The only way I've been able stop this behavior has been to quickly press the Reset button on my Slingbox.

So, again my problem is that, going to Setup, Video, then changing any config setting causes my video (on all inputs) to freeze for 5 seconds, then unfreeze for 2 seconds, this cycle then repeats forever, until I reset my Slingbox.