3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 12:59 PM by chakkarinen RSS

is a output hook up required?

cms304

I have just gotten a prohd.  It shows as connected and set up complete, but when I try to watch, I get static and no video.  I currently have coax cable going in with no outputs hooked up.  Is an output device like a tv required to be connected?  Or should I look for another problem causing no output via the web player?

• Re: is a output hook up required?
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have setup the coax input for your system ?

Do you have a cable box or just straight from the wall ?

Do you have the coax input selected as the source ?

Apprentice

Hi cms304,

We need you to be more specific. Unfortunately, your post is not clear enough and we need you to give us more information to help you out to make this work.

Regards

chakkarinen Apprentice

Assuming you have a Slingbox Pro-HD (since that is the forum you are posting in), you don't need a TV after the Slingbox Pro-HD, which has its own built-in tuner.   But to me, the condition you describe suggests that there is no TV signal coming into the Slingbox on the cable you've connected.  So I would suggest disconnecting the cable end from the Slingbox and connecting it to a TV, and see if the TV shows all video and audio.  Perhaps the cable, or one of its connectors is defective?   Or the wall connector for your TV signal is defective?