3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2011 2:14 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

CAN I SET UP A SECOND LAPTOP IN ANOTHER CITY ONCE I HAVE COMPLETED #1

chanumass

Hello - I have configured Slingbox A/V older model on my home laptop and all is workin fine. Motorola equipment with U Verse provider. My son in another city on the East Coast would like to confirgure his laptop to the same settings and thinks as he is not in my home near the gateway "modem" that he will not be able to do this until the next time he is in my home? can any suggest a solution or is the scenario correct?

Thanks

• Re: CAN I SET UP A SECOND LAPTOP IN ANOTHER CITY ONCE I HAVE COMPLETED #1
          alanrichey42 Master

You don't have to 'set up' a laptop.   Simply point the browser to http://watch.slingbox.com, enter the logon details of your account and he will be good to go.

chanumass

thanks and that is what I would have thought. However as I had to reset my new laptop with old user name and old passwork to a new internet provider and such my son claims he cannot get the feed and sent me this cut and pasted:

Changes to your home network
              If you've made any changes to your home network since the last time you connected to your Slingbox while away from home, that's probably the issue. After getting a new Internet Service Provider (ISP) or a new home router, you need to reconfigure your Slingbox to work on that new network. Unfortunately, if you are currently away, you will not be able to reconfigure the Slingbox until your get back home.

What now? any way around this issue? or again, does he have to be in my home to get started and go through the entire set uo as I did including the picking of cable box - remote etc. MIne works fine in one city. his supposedly  has no good signal and or had to do what he sent me above?

alanrichey42 Master
                  Unfortunately, if you are currently away, you will not be able to reconfigure the Slingbox until your get back home.

The crucial word here is 'Slingbox'.    You have told me that you have configured the Slingbox yourself and can view it.   He wants to set up 'Slingplayer', and for that he just needs to do what I said in my previous post  (Assuming you have set up the Slingbox for remote internet viewing).

If you told me your Sling Accounts login e-mail and password I would be happily watching your box in about 25 seconds :-)