17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 10:10 AM by gxs11 RSS

Can't reset Slingbox

hi-jack

I was watching the player the other day when suddenly it could not find any boxes connected to the account anymore.

This has happend before, but then i only turn the box off and on again and usually it starts up again. ANother time i had to reset the slingbox and it was working again after that.

But this time nothing helps. When i checked out the slingbox at the "send" location only the power light was lit. Tried the usual routine with disconnecting power and so on but still no network light on. I went on to hit the reset button, which did nothing, no blinking logo or anything.. Tried several times again but nothing.

Is my slingbox broken?

• Re: Can't reset Slingbox
          portapipe Newbie

Same problem! Stesso problema!

I try to reset but.. nothing! It gives me a w200 error (nat/firewall) but I try to connect it (fastweb) directly into the modem without success!

2 day ago it was running perfectly but from a day to another...

There was some update that we didn't saw?

I've tried 3 differents lan cables but it wasn't that the problem.

HELP PLEASE! I NEED IT! (and I love it... it miss me!) Thanks

RuckSackMack

Same problem again, response on the computer, have tried both on the same network and remotely with no joy.

The Slingbox shows network and power lights, and the general red background light from inside.

Have tried resetting at the back and switching off and on, all to no avail.

Anyone any solutions.

hi-jack

Well, this forum support was apparently a complete waste of time. So now what, where does one turn to get some help or advise on the matter?? Anyone?

portapipe Newbie

I send my slingbox back to a check up. Probably the problem is the power adapter.

I'll told you what's the problem..

hi-jack

Allright, so the power adapter is the problem. Did you send yours back to where you bought it?

I bought mine in some UK duty free shop and i'm located in Sweden, so i don't suppose i should send it there, must be somewhere else i can ship it to, right?

portapipe Newbie

Yep, I send mine back to where I bought it but an employers call me and he told me that I could call Sling Media Support directly, the one in my country (Italy), to have the replacement part directly from them at my house address! But I have some trouble here so I prefer to receive it in the store. So: you can call the support in your country that you can find here on the right column: http://support.slingbox.com/go/contact-sling-media but I post you the phone numbers anyway (sorry, they are in italian):

Italia: (02) 7541 9724

Danimarca: (08) 223 2714

Finlandia: (09) 81710156

Francia: (01) 4993 9011

Germania: (069) 9530 7383

Il Belgio: 02 620 0296

Irlanda: (01) 605 0340

La Svizzera: 022 567 5296

Paesi Bassi: (020) 654 5372

Norvegia: (023) 500 111

Spagna: (091) 375 4529

Svezia: (08) 5199 2138

RU: (020) 7294 0157

I told to the store where I bought my Slingbox that I read in this blog that the problem could be the power adapter and, when they called the Sling Media Support numbers, they told him that the problem could really be the power adapter, but I think that they told it because I told it to the store when I send my SB to repair, so... let's see what will going on!

Hope this help someone. Stay in touch!

p.s. sorry for my english

jaredfaul

I have the same problem...  So what...the power adapters are only made to last a couple years?  Should there be a recall on these items?

Davies

so just received a replacement power adapter and all working perfectly

customer support very helpful and sent new one free of charge

hi-jack

So, i took the Slingcatcher power supply and pit that one in the SOLO instead and immediatly it worked again. Also i called the Slingbox support and they will send me a new one within the week. Everthing went very smoothly as soon i new what the problem was, so thank you guys!

Now, since i went out in the deep end and tried some tweaking i have another problem with the box. Only had the box working for about 10 minutes. Kinda ironic, but it's my own fault this time. That however is something i will have to adress in another thread.

RuckSackMack

Well I have a solution, having used the telephone numbers kindly posted above and not having been charged by Slingbox for the advice.

I identified that whilst my power light was on full and my network light was on dimly, the result was common to similar prooblems.

As I was out of warranty the Slingbox guys were not able to help, though they advised it was a power supply problem.

I will be honest I was slightly doubtful that this simple issue could be the cause of all my woes, so being handy with electronics and always having a multitude of power supplies I found one that matched the characteristics of the original.

Once attached to the Slingbox and plugged in the machine sprang back to life!

Thanks for all the help and good luck with your own solutions!

Kris

gxs11

My Slingbox Classic came with a 6V power supply which claims a 0-2.4 Amp output, preset to 2 Amps.

I didn't have a 2.0 Amp Power Supply, but I had a 1.8 Amp unit from  Radio Shack lying around and that worked just fine.

Boy, those symptoms are very misleading -- make you think your unit has expired.