4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2011 3:09 PM by goldmanr RSS

DirecTV HD DVR Support

goldmanr

Are we going to get support for the HR23-XXX? I can operate DVR controls on my iPad, but not the Mac. This DirecTV DVR box has been around for a couple years. Will we ever get support?

• Re: DirecTV HD DVR Support
            goldmanr

Hi, thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, Sling decided to drop their stand alone app for the Macintosh :-( and only offers service through their web site (yuk), or on the iPad. The web based viewer for Macintosh does not offer the HR23-700 remote. The link you provided only works with the stand alone app.

Thanks for trying. Still looking for the HR23-700 remote to be included in the web based viewer setup for Macintosh.

alanrichey42 Master
                Unfortunately, Sling decided to drop their stand alone app for the Macintosh :-(

Not true, it's still going strong (http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop), all they have done is say they will not continue to develop or support it.  Same statement has been made about the PC standalone player as well.

The link you provided only works with the stand alone app.

True, but once you have downloaded the Custom Remote to your Slingbox using the standalone player it will be usuable by ANY viewer after that, including the WebSlingPlayer.

Still looking for the HR23-700 remote to be included in the web based viewer setup for Macintosh.

Never going to happen    Particularly as ALL DirecTV devices use the same codes so you can actually select any DirecTV box and it will probably work.

Cheers

Al

goldmanr

I kept getting redirected to a page saying they would no longer support the software. Couldn't find a download page.

Have now downloaded the app and the remote. I'll sort them out tonight rather than kill any more work time playing with my new toys.

As an FYI, while the other DirecTV remotes do work for live viewing, they don't include controls for the DVR. I tried a couple different ones, but couldn't find one which worked to control the DVR. Maybe I should have tried some others, but I assumed it needed to be an HR series remote.

In any case, thank you for the thorough responses.

Robert