2 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2010 8:18 PM by millermmail RSS

Using Slingbox with a t-Mobile contract

Phoenixmobile

Hi,

I'm using a HTC HD 2 phone with a German T-Mobile contract (including an internet flat). I heard T-Mobile Germany inhibits a streaming connection with this flat? Can anybody confirm this or has further information?

Thanks in advane.

Regards

• Re: Using Slingbox with a t-Mobile contract
          Apprentice

Hi, Phoenixmobile.

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum.

At this point, we could not tell you for sure about the policies your phone carrier or Internet Service Provider (ISP) might apply. Here is what we support:

Recommended Windows Mobile devices

Just make sure to check this link in order to get all the information about the supported Mobile devices.

Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator Team.

• Re: Using Slingbox with a t-Mobile contract
            millermmail Newbie

You'll probably have to ask your carrier what the rules are for watching streaming video (probably best to ask it in general and not say SlingBox by name)

I don't know about other places but here in the US I think most cellular carriers have something in the fine print that basically says you can't use the data for anything but email and basic web browsing.  That said, I know over here they don't really bother anyone unless you go over the maximum monthly data limit (I think most "unlimited" plans allow 5GB/month) then they start charging overage fees by the megabyte.

Personally, I make an effort to find a WiFi hotspot if I will watch more than a couple minutes, then I'm not using my cellular internet so they can't complain what I do.