16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2014 8:45 AM by alanrichey42 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Pro HD and a 3 tuner Moxi?

bstreep

Before I jump into a Moxi DVR (3 Tuner MOXI HD DVR), I need to make sure that I can use it via my slingbox.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Bill

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD and a 3 tuner Moxi?
          bstreep

Wow.  29 views and not a single reply.  Looks like others are interested too?

beaudknows

A few months ago I sort of got my Moxi 2 Tuner to work with my SlingBox Pro HD, based on informaiton I found on the slingbox community website.I say sort of because I am able to change the channel and some other functions, but I am not able to view my recorded shows. So it would be great to get some official Sling support for Moxi.

bluenite

Yes I agree with that.  I have a Slingbox Pro and a Moxi 2 tuner HD model  MR-1500T3  I can get the sound and picture to work but the virtual remote even though it looks close to my remote will not work at all.  Do I need to buy a Slingbox HD Pro to make it work or is their no support by Sling for this great Moxi product?  Is their a possible IR code I could feed into custom.  With Moxi HD and Tivo Premiere Sling needs to keep  up with the the new technology on the market.

ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Bluenite,

Do I need to buy a Slingbox HD Pro to make it work or is their no support by Sling for this great Moxi product?

If it's not on the LIST, it's not supported and there's no remote built in.  Best as I can tell, the supported list applies to all Sling models so picking up a Pro HD won't fix that automatically.  You'll still need a working custom remote unless SlingMedia picks up Moxi in the future.  There's nothing more that can be said about that here.

Hope this helps,

- Az

ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I've not heard about the Moxi before now.  Wow !  Went and read about it, looks sweet.

I've never played with a Moxi box.  I do know about Slingboxes though.  After some reading, here are my thoughts on Moxi + Slingbox:

- You should be able to hook a Moxi box up to a Slingbox and watch it.  Controlling the Moxi box is another matter.  There's a custom remote available at hifi-remotes that may work but there's no telling how well, or with which Moxi models, until you try it.  (Note the previous posts)  You can find it here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7160&sid=c5df5e7380fad0f842ff664c6b2a9dc3

- If you already have a Moxi box and want to try a custom remote, try posting the specific model and your trial observations and you might get some help.  There are folks here (alanrichey42 in particular), at hifi-remote.com and at placeshiftingenthusiasts.com who might chime in with useful info.

- Slingbox Pro HD has 3 input sets, 2 of which are useful with Moxi 3-Tuner: The component HD input and the composite SD input.  Don't get confused by the Slingbox having yellow composite AND S-Video.  You can hook things up to both, but they operate as one combined input set.  Best to think of them as one input.  As for the Moxi being able to simultaneously send different feeds to it's on-board outputs, I'm not sure.  Somehow I doubt it can do that.  If I'm right, you only need to run one cable set to the Slingbox because the same picture will come out all Moxi outputs.

- If you're watching inside the house, Moxi's MoxiMate product looks like it's worth a look.  It's expensive, but purpose-built for that application.  Kind of like SlingCatcher + Slingbox.  It's unclear if you can use MoxiMate outside the LAN.  I'd like to know that myself.

- If you want to watch Moxi over the internet and can get a custom remote to work, Slingbox is still probably the best way to go.  Of course, watching in different places at home with computers or SlingCatchers would also be possible.

I'm glad I saw this thread, the Moxi box looks fantastic.

- Az