11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 8:03 PM by Dana Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Update Favorite-Icons on iPhone

RedField

Hy,

is there a way, to update the Channel-Logos for the Favorites? I´m from Germany an want to set up my Favorites on my iPhone, but there are not all Channel-Logos inside.

Is there a way, to update them?

Thanks for your help

Greetinx

• Re: Update Favorite-Icons on iPhone
          Expert

Hello RedField - thanks for using the Slingbox Answers Forum!

It sounds like you might be having difficulty with the Favorites icons on your iPhone. Here's a few links to our support site which might help you to troubleshoot the issue:

Setting up, using, and working with your channel Favorites in SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone

How to create a Favorite in SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone

If this doesn't help, please let us know. The more details and information you can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Kind Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

RedField

Hy Dana,

thanks for your answer. I understand how to set my favourites. But my actually Problem is, that not all Channel-Logos are available. For example the german Channels "Premiere" doesn´t exists anymore.

Example 1: "Premiere 1" is now "Sky Cinema" with a new Channel-Logo

Example 2: "Premiere 3" is now "Sky Cinema 24" with a new Channel-Logo an so on.

This is my Problem, that not all Channels are Up-To-Date.

If i could help Sling with Informations or The actual Channel-Logos, let me know. Then i will send you the needed informations to update the channels for Germany.

Kind Regards.

RedField

Expert

Hi again RedField - I think I better understand your issue now.

Did these missing channel logos ever work properly within your SlingPlayer for iPhone? Or have they just never been available for certain channels?

Thanks for the additional information!

Dana

RedField

Hy Dana,

thanks for your answer.

the missing channel logos have been never available.

As i wrote, the Provider "Premiere" has been renamed to "Sky Germany".

It´s an German Pay-TV-Provider. So the available Channel-Logos for this Provider are old, not actual anymore. But there some more channels, that missing.

I would help you, to identify these channel, that are old or have been not available.

Should i send you an document with these channels or should i post it here in this thread?

P.S. I receive the channels over satellite Astra 19,2.

Kind regards

Red Field

Expert

Thanks again RedField!

Yes that would be helpful - for now, go ahead and attach a document to this thread with all the channel details and I will make sure it gets to the appropriate technicians. I can't make any promises, but we will do what we can to help!

RedField

Hy Dana,

thanks for your help.

I attached a Word-Document with the Channels and the Logos for Germany, that i think that are missing.

If you need High-Resolution-Logos, i will try to find them and attach them, too. But i hope, that the Logos in the Document are okay.

Kind regards

RedField

RedField

Hy Dana,

are there any news about the Favorite-Icons so far? It´s a year gone by.

Thank you.

Expert

Thanks for the bump RedField - this was logged, and there is an update to the iOS apps due very soon, but I don't believe that this particular issue was addressed.

Honestly, the very BEST method of getting this into the product would be to post it to our special Enhancement Request community. That is where we gather and review these types of posts - I will move this entire thread to that area, where greater attention will be paid to it.

Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention -

The Sling Support team

Peero

Dear Dana

I have the same problem as Redfield from Germany. But i am from Denmark.

Will you also update the channels-list if i send you a word-document including the channels and logos i miss in the available favorite-channels?

Best Regards

Peer

Carbonide

I have the same problem for French and Luxembourg channels.

Wouldn't it be easiest if Slingmedia added the same functionality that exists in the desktop app that allows the creation of customised logos to the iPhone app?

The picture could be retrieved from the camera roll or you could put in the URL to the channel logo image.

Guido11 Newbie

Yes!

A good idea. I loved tohave favourite buttons for channels like Go TV ,SKY channels like Bundesliga1 -11 or all SKY Sports channels which could be accessed while navigating with through the menues but could not be saved as a favourite icon.

I think it does not make any sense to keep channels like Premiere and others in the list that do not exist any more..

Is there a way to create customized icons for own favourites?

Cheers

Guido11