1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 6:34 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Can I connect a SONY HD Video Recorder and hit play

hewettdk

I work out of state and my wife records my kids sporting events.  Currently, we use dropbox.com to transfer the video files.  However, it means that she has to download them to the computer and then it uploads to the dropbox site and then back to my computer.  It works well, but am wondering if she can just hook the video recorder up to the Slingbox and it play on the video recorder.

I guess I am not sure how I would select the video recorder as the device and am not sure that it has a remote.

• Re: Can I connect a SONY HD Video Recorder and hit play
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I have a Tivo digital video recorder connected directly to my Slingbox, and I am able to view programs that are saved on it.   BUT this did require that I connect an IR blaster cable to the Slingbox and position its IR head in front of the IR window on the Tivo.  So, I would say, yes, you can do it IF your Sony has a remote control with an IR window and you can connect an IR blaster cable compatible with your Sony to the Slingbox and position it correctly in front of the IR windows on the Sony.