5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 5:47 AM by bbcoach00 RSS

Slinglinks not communicating

bbcoach00

My slinglinks (single port) are not communicating with each other. The slinglink lights do not come on, when they do they just blink. I've tried plugging them into the same outlet, and still the lights DO NOT come on, only the power lights are lit. I know the connections are ok. What can the problem be with the slinglinks? I've tried all the recommended procedures. What else can I do? I've had them for about 6 months now and just recently decided to use them for a 2nd slingbox I purchased. Can someone help me? Thank you.

• Re: Slinglinks not communicating
          Novice

Hello bbcoach00.

If you are stilll not seeing any network or link light on your SlingLinks, the problem might be caused by a hardware issue and they probably need to be replaced. We encourage you to complete the troubleshooting steps on this article and if the issue persists, contact us to process a replacement.

A guide to basic SlingLink and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting

More SlingLink and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting

Contact Sling Media Support

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

skipr@epix.net

I have exactly the same problem with the same units as mentioned by bbcoach00.  Power lights come on and that is all, no link.  All tests mentioned have been performed.  I even used an isolated receptacle at the breaker panel where they show power, but no link light.  I even reversed the plugs.  They are between 1 and 2 years old. 

You mentioned "contact us to process a replacement".  What exactly does that mean? Is there a program with reduced cost replacements? Just throw them out and buy new ones?

I have to figure out how to proceed.     Thanks.

Loomisster

I have the same issue. My slinglinks were working fine until a week ago and then they stopped. On one box I have a blinking link light and on the other nothing (other two lights are on). I have tried unplugging, moving, and resetting them with no luck. I would hate to have to keep replacing hem every other year.

kmeyerett

Mine aren't working, either.  They worked a few times.  We didn't use it  unless we were on vacation.  Now I think the Slinglinks are broken.  They are hot when plugged in.  I don't remember them being so hot before.  They are a couple of years old.  The guy at Best Buy sees a lot of them  dying.  How about the company admit there is a problem with these and  fix it?  I can't afford to buy new ones every year or so.  They are way  more expensive now than before.  What's the answer?

bbcoach00

My slinglinks are not communicating with one another. At times one light is on, at other times all lights are on, but they will not communicate with one another.