4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2010 10:03 PM by pac33 RSS

Need Help

neo

I am having trouble viewing my slingbox remotely. I was viewing my slingbox at home before coming to work however now that I am at work I am unable to view it. I am getting the error message "There was a problem communicating with the slingbox. Try connecting again." I am able to view web pages. Please Please help I am bored out of my mind.

• Re: Need Help
          Expert

Hello neo - thanks for using the Slingbox Answers Forum!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with remote viewing at work. Here's some information from our support site which might help you to troubleshoot this issue:

Slingbox AV Support

Using the SlingPlayer Behind a Company Firewall

If this doesn't help, please let us know. The more details and information you can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Kind Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Need Help
            pac33 Newbie

I am having trouble connecting to my slingplayer on my laptop.  Before I left on a trip overseas, and I've used it before overseas in the past without problems, I tested it to make sure everything was working.  It was.  When I got overseas it wouldn't connect.  I went through uninstall/reinstall, having spouse double check on the settings and passwords from the home network and nothing has changed.

I'm getting error: 0x8007274C

I've tried online through the website and on my laptop; it tells me that there's no internet connection when there is and that it can't locate my slingplayer.  It says to check my firewall settings and I've added sling to the exceptions list and still nothing.  I turned off my spyware and virus protections and that didn't help.

I'm leaving again for overseas in 4 days and I need this resolved badly.  HELP!

Thanks,

Andy