1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 12:55 PM by Josebrenes RSS

Slingbox Solo... connects with xp home.. not xp pro, win 7

lancersdad

Ok...this is a problem I am having the slingbox solo...    I have 5 towers on line in my home... I have a slingbox  solo connected to the modem/router.  Of the 5 towers.. I  can get  www.watch.slingbox.com..  on all boxes. 

TOWER #         OPERATING SYSTEM                          RESULT...

1                  WIN XP HOME 2002 SP3                    FULLY OPERATIONAL SOLO VIEWING...

2                  WIN XP HOME 2002 SP3                    FULLY OPERATONAL SOLO VIEWING

3                  WIN XP HOME 2002 SP3                    WWW.WATCH.SLINGBOX.COM   WINDOW OPENS...

LOGING IN  TAKES ME TO SCREEN THAT SAYS     "INITALIZING"

INITALIZING COMPLETES AND TAKES ME TO A LOGO  THAT SAYS

"CHECKING YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE WAIT:

CHECKING ACCOUNT VERIFIES TAKING ME TO TO A LOGO THAT SAYS

"AUTO CONNECTING TO L*********D SLINGBOX"

AUTO CONNECTING CLOSES OUT AND BRINGS ME TO A WINDOW THAT SAYS...

"CONNECTION ATTEMPT FAILED. MAKE SURE THE SLINGBOX YOU ARE .........."

YOU KNOW THE PHRASE...

4                  WIN XP PRO 2002 SP3                       WWW.WATCH.SLINGBOX.COM   WINDOW OPENS...

YOU KNOW THE PHRASE..

5                   WIN 7 ULTIMATE                             WWW.WATCH.SLINGBOX.COM   WINDOW OPENS...

YOU KNOW THE PHRASE...

Those are the technical details....   I can find no postings in the discussion... forum that clearly outlines anything in this fashion...  Clearly because I have seen no detail outlining this error on multiple types of operating systems....  So to take it from the start... there is no error in the firewall/nat designation in the router...  I have 2 fully operational  towers accessing the SOLO BOX .   Firewalls are turned off on ALL TOWERS.  You are the support. I have found no detail indicating the difficulty in making the connection is the configuration of Internet Explorer... I am running IE8 on all XP operating systems... and WIN 7 runs IE9...   It seems clear that it is an Internet Explorer configuration issue... as on 3 of the 5 towers the sling box is not,what seems to be, sending the password through internet explorer as Sling box web site is asking me for the password and not authenticating what I have given it...

And again... I have 2 towers which have no difficulty in operating the slingbox through the website...  I am not networking the connection on my side of the router...

:Lancersdad

• Re: Slingbox Solo... connects with xp home.. not xp pro, win 7
          Novice

Hi lancersdad,

What I can understand from your post is that you're having no connection from the Slingbox.

In this case and based on the way that you're posting your issue, I would recommend to make a better explanation of the problem, also provide information about the network layout, information about how many routers you have connected between the Slingbox and modem, etc.

Besides that, you can provide information about error messages, router's brand and model, even the software version that you're using to connect to the Slingbox.

That way, we can provide a better response or you will be able to receive a proper response from the forum users.

Regards.