1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 6, 2011 9:53 PM by donnybaek RSS

Anyone get random BSOD?

donnybaek

My Slingplayer 2.0 on Windows 7 occasionally will BSOD and restart my computer.... kinda getting anoying...   I cannot seem to figure out why.

I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7, both my Radeon 5450 and the on board 3200 video on an MSI 780G chipset... i'm running this with an Athlon Phenom 9600 2.3G with 2 GB of Corsair XMS2...

i did not ever have this problem with the same setup running Windows XP, but I need to run Windows 7 for XBMC to get DXVA2...

• Re: Anyone get random BSOD?
          donnybaek

not to answer my own question, but i seem to have fixed the problem by deactivating 2 of the 4 cores of the cpu...  either this is a problem with my phenom 9600, or this is a problem with slingplayer's handling of quad core amd's in windows 7 (which i think is more likely as this problem did not surface until i changed from Win XP, and no other programs BSOD in Win7 when the 4 cores were all enabled)... oh well, luckily, i don't need the extra cpu power for this htpc... hope this helps someone else or inspires sling to update their aging slingplayer software