1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 3:27 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbox PRO-HD Needs Power Cycle Every Hour

svovos

I have had a sling box pro hd for about a year now and a sling box original for a couple years before that. The orignal sling box never had a problem and the new one worked perfectly for the first 6 months, but it has become more and more unreliable. It will run great for about an hour and then will drop out giving one of the following error codes W201, W202 or W211. If I refresh my web browser it will start back up and run for 30 seconds to 5 minutes. The only way to get the sling box to operate again is to power cycle the box... which is difficult when you are 1000 miles away.

The home and remote networks I use have not changed over this time period, I am sure that I have done a Slingbox firmware update but I dont remember when... I am up to the latest firmware currently. I have read a lot of webpages about sling box circuit components not being properly de-rated and or sling boxes getting very hot. Could this be caused by poor hardware design? Is this a known firmware/software issue?