I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?
If so and that didn't help then check out this thread: https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363
Come back if it that doesn't help either.
I have completed everything below with the exception of the last request.
The first thing is to make sure you try all the models associated with the
manufacturer of your device, (DONE) as most manufacturers use similar
codesets across their device range. Also, make sure you select the ‘Other’
option under your manufacturer and try all the codes. (DONE) And if it is
applicable, try your provider as well. For example, Comcast tend to use
Motorola boxes, so try all the options under both Comcast and Motorola.
If that doesn't help request a remote from Sling at Remote Controls Requests
. (DONE) But be aware this may take a few months to actually appear. Please
look for updates from Sling in this community: What's New
In the short term quite a few Custom Remotes have already been built
andhave been stored here
Check there to see if your device, or one with a similar name, has been
produced. (DONE) If your device is not there, post a request in this forum,
under the ‘TV Source Setup’ or 'On-Screen Remote Control' category with the
Manufacturer and Model Number of your device in the Subject Line asking
me if I can build a Custom Remote or recommend a matching device. (will do
now) And PLEASE confirm in the body of the posting that you have carried
out all the above checks so I do not just redirect you back to this post! Sorry
I did not adhere to the final line, my apologies!
I'm not talking about that post, I am talking about the installation instructions that were referenced in the Read me file of the Custom Remote. http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html
I have tried this 10+ times using these instructions and still cannot get
it to work...
1. Configure Input
2. Select Source (i can see my cable box's screen saver)
5. Select Provider (Frontier) - I know this is irrelevant
6. Confirm Channel Lineup - I know this is irrelevant
8. Cable Box (my .BIN file is C2010)
9. Custom (my .BIN file is between 2000-2047)
10. Enter Location - C:\C2010_PL.BIN (saved on C drive) Note: I have also
I have ensured everything is in uppercase
11. Test - Remote pops up, but it is not functional
Am i missing something?
Just the instructions again. Why do you refuse to read them ? I suppose the only way to force you to read them is to reproduce the important bit you are ignoring here: That way you cannot ignore it.
IMPORTANT: If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on. So please report all of the following:
1. What model Slingbox do you have?
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button?
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
4. If you are using an old Solo did you try both BIN files?
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a later Slingbox have you tried using the external blaster?
7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.
8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?
9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.
10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has often been found to help.
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.