4 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2017 2:38 PM by ACC156816 RSS

No HDMI, intermittent black screen

ACC156816
    Visibility: Open to anyone

At home the Cablevision box is connected to the TV via component. No HDMI.  THE SLING M1 is connected to Ethernet.  Second house has an updated Windows 10 pc connected to the Internet via Ethernet.  HDMI out from the pc to the new 4k TV via HDMI.  I'm watching through the Edge browser.  Works great, but every couple of minutes the screen and sound stop for a few seconds.

• Re: No HDMI, intermittent black screen
          SlingSupportCynthia Novice

Hello,

I do apologize that you are experiencing the video flickering on your computer. If you do not experience this problem on any other device, it may be a setting within your computer that is causing this. I will provide a link that gives general information on how to change that setting if that's the case. It does not give you an exact step by step as every computer is different. Hope this helps.

Slingbox.com - Video flickering

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sling Media Moderation Team

ACC156816

I only use the one device, but it's not flickering.  The screen is perfect

and then goes black for a few seconds.  The interval varies.  I've seen

other posts to this effect.  Any ideas?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM, SlingSupportCynthia <answers@slingmedia.com

SlingSupportCynthia Novice

Hello,

As long the upload speed at location of the Slingbox and the download speed from where you are streaming is above 600 Kbps, you should not be getting this issue. Not unless you have other programs running in the background.

If your browser is pending an update to the Flashplayer, this can also be an issue. Usually on Windows 10 the browser should automatically update Adobe Flashplayer. However, you can check by attempting to download it through Adobe.com.

If that does not resolve your issue, I would confirm first that the graphics setting is not causing this problem. You can temporarily disable the adaptive contrast, and then stream to see if you still experience this problem. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sling Media Moderation Team