3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2010 5:15 PM by ArizonaSackbut RSS

Slingbox and DIVX Player.

Korea

I currently have a Slingbox setup in Australia and watch Cable TV here in South Korea on my PC, I have just bought a DIVX palyer with internet connection and would like to know if I can configure my DIVX player to connect with my Slingbox which would allow me to do away with the PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Slingbox and DIVX Player.
          Expert

Hello Korea - thanks for using the Slingbox Answers Forum!

Here are some links to a few pages on our website that might provide you with some help regarding your DIVX players compatibility with your Slingbox:

Slingbox PRO-HD FAQ

What Can I Connect To My Slingbox?

Hooking Up To Your Video Source

If this doesn't help, please let us know. The more details and information you can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Kind Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Slingbox and DIVX Player.
            ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hey Korea,

If you're still around, the links Dana put up have good info, definitely worth a look if you're not familiar with those details.

That said...

If you're trying to get your DIVX box to behave like the SlingPlayer software and connect/display the Slingbox stream on it's own without a computer, that is not going to happen.  If you built a home theater PC that runs Mac OS X or Windows, maybe.  But a standalone player box ?  No.

Closest thing to what you're asking for is the SlingCatcher.  If you can get your hands on one, they're cool.

Happy trails,

- Az