4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 9:03 PM by chakkarinen RSS

channels

jcd

I can get the digital channels on my slingbox pro, but on my slingbox pro hd when I configure it for coaxal input for the digital channels like on the pro it only gets 7 channels. I am trying to use a direct coaxal input without using the cable box like I did on the slingbox pro.  I was able to setup the input on the pro hd for the input frome the hd cable box, but I want to be able to switch inputs to just the coaxal.  any ideas

• Re: channels
          BrandonC Novice

jcd wrote:

I can get the digital channels on my slingbox pro, but on my slingbox pro hd when I configure it for coaxal input for the digital channels like on the pro it only gets 7 channels. I am trying to use a direct coaxal input without using the cable box like I did on the slingbox pro.  I was able to setup the input on the pro hd for the input frome the hd cable box, but I want to be able to switch inputs to just the coaxal.  any ideas

Are you using the web browser to set up the coax connection or a Stand Alone player? Either way I would try the other just to see if it makes a difference.

Novice

Hi jcd,

What I understand from your post is that you're losing channels using the Pro HD.

In this case, this could be a problem with the actual signal coming from the provider, what I would recommend, is to check the following link:

Selecting Digital (Clear QAM) results in fewer channels in SlingPlayer Guide

Fizzah

Also having same problem. However in trying to follow the instructions from the "workaround" link I don't get the choice to select Analog cable. The choices go from Cable (without a cable box) through to enter Zip Code and Cable provider. There is no option to select analog cable. Can the Sling folk confirm that this choice should be in that menu for the Pro HD.

Also (and others have pointed this out) - even if I enter zip code and service provider - the resulting channel guide is still based on Insight Cables old analog listing and not the digital channel listing...

Am I missing anything?

chakkarinen Apprentice

If you don't use the cable box, you will only receive on the Slingbox -- Pro or no Pro -- those channels that your TV service is required to transmit "in the clear".   At my location, this includes only the local network affiliates (ABC, CBS, NBC), the local community network stations, and a bunch of home shopping and religious channels.    To get the full set of digital stations, one must use a digital converter or cable box rented from your TV service provider -- the built-in tuner on the Slingbox Pro will not allow you to bypass this requirement.