15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2011 7:45 PM by mhusting Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Solo won't connect to router

I have a Slingbox Solo and a Slingbox Pro HD.  Recently the Solo began not connecting to my router.  It appears to connect and then shuts down.  I thought I may have a power problem, I swapped the power for the two.  Again the Pro worked and Solo did not.  I also replace the ethernet cable, to no avail.  Any suggestions now?

• Re: Slingbox Solo won't connect to router
          fredgent

I am having the same exact problem, looking for help

primetv

If it's not power supply then the capacitors may be burned. Try resetting your SOLO to default settings.

*** Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. ***.

I did reset and now when I try to reconfigure it disconnects and asks for the password.

turdferguson

Hi 1117,

When you did the reset the Slingbox got kicked back to factory settings, so you're basically starting over from scratch.

Were you able to get it through the initial config successfully ?  If so, is it still goofing up ?

Cheers,

- TF

It won't let me reconfigure, disconnects just after I start, shortly after I put in new password it asks for it again.

Thanks.

ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

If it won't accept the default password after a hard reset, are you checking the Log in as Admin box ?

Sling has two passwords (user and admin), you have to log in with the admin password and tell it you're doing so by checking that box if you want to run setup.  You also have to be on the same network as the Slingbox when you do this.

If the Player is seeing your Slingbox in the directory, asks you for a password when you click a config button, then rejects what you've typed, then a lot of things are working properly.  It means your Sling is up and running, it's got a valid IP from the router and the Player is connecting to it.  It just doesn't like your password.

Try again- check the box, use the default admin password, see how it goes.  If it doesn't work, reset it again and hold the button longer.

Good luck !

- Az

CygnusX1Bk2

I am having a similar issue. I lose connection as soon as I click in the text box to rename the device or set a password. I tried a direct connect firmware update but can't get that to work.

gobluemich290

This sounds essentially like my issue that posted too.  I have a SOLO and it recognizes the Slingbox, tells me my updates are current, too as I have reset it many times.  When I try to configure it, the last successful screen I see (STEP 3) is the one where you pick your country, name your Slingbox and then enter and re-enter your password.  It will churn and burn for a couple of minutes, occassionaly it will show the picture for a split second then come up with the error screen that I am either not connected properly, not set up for internet viewing or behind a firewall.  I have followed directions explicitly, and am just baffled.  Is this the same place where you get the same message?  If so, I think to helper up above about the burned parts could be true.....may be time for me to pony up for the 3 year extended warranty/tech support since my box is only about 7 months old......If I can get mine working, I will let y'all know what I did, please keep me posted as well.....enjoy the Memorial Day Holiday weekend for those of you in the USA!!

CygnusX1Bk2

After paying the "one time incident" support fee I contacted Sling support directly and eventually got my box to configure, after much reconfiguring of my router and firewall settings. However I could not maintain a connection afterward, leading me to yet another box reset and back to the original problem again. I was on the phone and online with at least 4 techs before it was decided that my box was, in fact, faulty and required replacement. They needed to charge my card a deposit for the value of a new box to be refunded once they receive my dead box. They provided a return UPS label with the new box so shipping is covered. I got the replacement box today and now there is no issues and the box is working.

My linksys router would not connect to my slingbox hd  This is the older red box model.  After some discussion with the techs at slingbox it appears these older models had an issue wih linksys. .  They sent me a refurbished one (same red box) and it connected without issue.  I can watch tv on the web and on my Iphone.  Not sure if thats your issue but that how mine got solved.

Ffats

I have a sllngbox solo which I  have had for about 2 years and about a year ago it just stopped working. I could access my sky tv through my work computer and my iPhone and iPad & on my LAN at home I have tried changing cables doing a reset more times than I can remember.I have a Belkin N router about 3 years old. The greatest use of the remote access of the sling box  is not having to watch Thai  TV when I go on holiday. please someone  tell me why the he'll is going on !!

mhusting

I have just replaced an old netgear router with a new duel band 3700.  The sling media recognizes the solo box but when intiiating will time out and say not connecting?  any insight to get this to connect?  I have tried the various resets and am sure it is the config of the new router....help