3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2011 5:43 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

No Option to choose Remote during setup

hahaimscooter

Halfway through the setup, when you get to the part where you choose the box type to find the remote, I get stuck becuase it does not give me any options to choose nor does a search come up with anything. the video feed works fine, but when i type in motorola or dch3416 (the type of box) i just get nothing. when i go to the drop down menu it just says "nothing available" or something like that. Anyone know how to get past this?

• Re: No Option to choose Remote during setup
          alanrichey42 Master

Do you mean you don't get the option to choose Satellite, Cable, DVR....     or can you choose one of those but then there is nothing shown in the Manufacturers drop down list ?

I have never heard of the first, but if it is the second this is fairly common and means you box is failed.   What normally happens is that you will soon get a message along the lines of  "This Slingbox was not originally designed to be used in the <country>".

A quick search on the forum for "This Slingbox was not originally designed to be used in the USA"  will show you that the problem is  with U21, a TS1117 3.3V voltage  regulator that has failed.   As this appears to be a design fault most people seem to be able to get a replacement box.  Although you have to pay $30 to find out if you are eligible.

Still worth trying a factory reset though in case the firmware has scambled.