2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 3:40 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Choice of Video Source & Options

edhayduk

I am trying to set up my slingbox and I am on the page that requests your video source.  I put in Satellite, or for that matter any other choice and it says no suggestions available.  I did see choices a day ago but now they are gone.

Second issue.  What is the choice for a Directv remote with a RC64.  I did see one that looked like it but could not get it to work.

Ed

• Re: Choice of Video Source & Options
          alanrichey42 Master

A failure to list any manufactures might be a problem at the Sling servers, but it is more likely to be a failed box.  Historically you will soon see a message along the lines of "this box is not designed for use in the <country>", which proves it is broken.

Worth trying a reset and a few more goes though.

• Re: Choice of Video Source & Options
              edhayduk

You were absolutely correct.  I had to battle with them to provide me a new box though.  After asking for a Manager I received proper treatment.  I travel around the World and when I spend serveral hours on each of two of my precious days at home my frustration was high.  Thank you for your response as it was right on the money.

In the end they are doing the right thing and replacing it.  It was during the first software update that things started to go bad.  I had not even finished set up when the notice to update software came.  I said yes and then it all started.

Ed