5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2011 6:52 AM by zstoja RSS

Output more

zstoja

Hello,

If I connect coaxial input (cable TV, analog) to the Slingox, can I:

1. Get analog RCA audio output (LR)  form the Slingbox?

2. Get analog RCA video output from the Slingbox?

3. Use your software installed on my PC to change TV channels?

Thanks.

• Re: Output more
          zstoja

Use your software installed on my PC to change TV channels?

I mean to use your software on my PC, where Slingbox is connected to, to change TV channels.

dbsguy Apprentice

If you connect your basic cable line to the coaxial input on a slingbox pro hd,  you'll be able to watch and control the stations from in and out of network from any computer, or supported device (such as a cell phone or ipad, etc). However the slingbox's rca outputs are only passthough in nature, so it won't output sound nor picture from the outputs on the slingbox itself in your senario since you don't have a setop box plugged into the mathicng inputs on the slingbox.

What exactly are you trying to do that you need rca audio linelevel outputs for?

zstoja

Thank you for answer.

I need outputs (audio i video through RCA) to record it on another unit.

dbsguy Apprentice

If you for somereason need audio/video outputs to go to another recording device; simply use an old vcr. the vcr's tuner will display the station chosen and output via it's composite video outputs.

The purpose of a slingbox is to eliminate the need for additional devices as it will display the content on a computer or other supported platform such as a cell or ipad without the need for anything else at all. It allows for both in network and remote viewing and operational control of the source.