17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 6:09 PM by iboogey99 RSS

iPad sound echo

snsjets

The video quality on my iPad is quite good however the sound is not. There is a noticeable echo that makes it sound like it is in a tunnel. It is noticeable on speaker and with headphones. Anyone else have this issue?

Slinbox Solo/iPad 1

• Re: iPad sound echo
          AndyK Newbie

Does it go away if you change from HQ to SQ, if so I have the problem too.

It was reported to support in Europe, the case number was 00417941, it was suggested I replaced my HD Pro but the issue is still there with a different HD Pro

Apprentice

Hi snsjets, if you are having issues with the audio in the iPad, I suggest you look at the support below.

Slingbox audio issues: Basic troubleshooting

Don't hear any sound? Can't adjust the sound? Here's what to check.

Regards.

snsjets

Thanks for the links...but after troubleshooting the sound quality is still terrible at home or on when I travel. It is only a problem on my iPad and wife's iPad 2. I have no issues at all when I watch Slingbox on netbook or desktop. I also tried different cables from the DVR to the Slingbox. No improvements at all.

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

iboogey99

I thought it was just mines also I have the same problem on my ipad 2.. tried different internet connections.. updated my firmware..you hear more when you plug headphones into the ipad.. I do not have this audio problem with other video apps that stream such as espn,hbo go, has anyone found a solution yet?

snsjets

Yep, I notice it more when using headphones. As far as I can tell there is no fix for this issue and Slingbox doesn't really seem to care. No wonder the app barely gets 3 stars in the App Store. Plus I absolutley refuse to pay for support on an app that hasn't worked properly out of the box!

iboogey99

I have only used my slingbox when abroad like now and have no choice but view in my iPad the issue never addressed . Many times I would like to listen with my headphones but can't ... Do displeases many " app designers " updTe there apps to fix bugs and issues and slingbox won't

SimonX

Same problem: audio is worst (and for me, too bad to hear) on HQ/Auto than SQ.

iPhone4 and iPad2 tested. Please fix it as soon as possible!

iPhone and iPad app (i've bought both -.-) last version.

Firmware is latest, Slingbox PRO-HD.

I'm on local network so no bandwidth issues.

Thank you.

Maxcats Novice

Can anyone advise what the solution was to this audio-echo problem?

The attached file is what I am hearing on my Slingplayer desktop via Tivo with the programme paused. It is also on my iPhone 4.

The amplifer noise underneath is high as a noise floor so I can capture the the modulated noise over the top  - the 'echo' from my Pro-HD.

iboogey99

this problem still exist to point i given up .i don't even use my slingbox that much .. slingbox know of the problem never ran an update to fix it..beoing going on for years.. i have the slingox pro.. highly doubt i upgrade and spend money on the lastest version of slingbox .. and yes this problem happens on every iphone version i ever and and ipad version .. i have owned all iphone models and ipads since slingbox been out