2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 9:00 PM by tecozad RSS

Won't Reconnect to Network

ACC401214

So I've had my slinbox solo for a few years now, and when I originally set it up I did everything it told me to do, and it worked perfectly! BUT a few months ago we got a new tv to replace the old one to which the sling box was connected to that cable box. This tv was one of those smart ones with the apps so for a few months we had the slingbox unplugged because we were using that thernet cable to get the apps on the tv. I recently went to hook the slingbox back up, and now when I go to watch it online (or even try to set it up online the the slingbox website) it says it can't be located.  The power light is bright, and the network light is dimmer than the power and blinks slowly. We also haven't changed our router. Can anyone help?

• Re: Won't Reconnect to Network
          Apprentice

Hi, ACC401214

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since the network lights is very dim and blinks.

Most of the times, this issue is related to a faulty power adapter. Since you purchased it some years ago, I recommend you to check this link in order to purchase a replacement unit.

Replacement Parts

If the Slingbox cannot be located on your network, I recommend you to check the security settings on your computer. The following link will provide you with some steps to follow.

Internet security and personal firewalls

Regards

• Re: Won't Reconnect to Network
              tecozad

Does anyone know how to contact Sling Box.  I'm having so many problems, I don't know where to start.  My slingbox worked perfectely one year ago, but I'm trying to get it started for the new football season.  I can't set up my ID, goes to an error screen.  But, worst of all, it will not recognize my slingbox on my network.  I've tried everything.  It was fine last year with the same setup.