2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 6:06 AM by eschone RSS

OTA Digital Antenna Channels Setup

toolman1848

I have a digital OTA antenna attached to my Tivo Premier and use the component cable to attach it to my Slingbox HD Pro. The only channels in my Tivo Premier channel list are the channels ending in a -1 or -2 or -3. Using Initial setup in Slingplayer for Mac, I can view the channels when I use the Tivo controller to change the TV, but I cannot find a way within the Slingplayer setup, in the "Channel Changing" window, to enter these channel numbers (2-1, 2-2, 4-1, 4-2, etc.). The channels change to the whole numbers even though there is no video on those channels and in some instances, after entering one of these channel numbers (e.g. 4 or 7), the channel defaults back to 2-1.

How do I enter these numbers in the setup process?

• Re: OTA Digital Antenna Channels Setup
          skeens

I have the same question, did anyone ever solve this?

• Re: OTA Digital Antenna Channels Setup
            eschone

I have the exact setup and it is very frustrating not being to enter channel 2-1 or 36-1 or whatever channel is needed. I am considering returning my Slingbox as Slingbox support says I have an unsupported device. Really, a Tivo Premier is not a supported device??? I know a lot more people that have Tivo's then have Slingbox's.

I've tried every Tivo setup the setup assistance has and no luck. I can not find a Tivo remote that has the "." button that allows me to directly enter 36-1 on my Tivo remote.

So far Slingbox seems to be a great device, however not being able to change channels for OTA broadcast stations is key decision factor.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!