11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2017 1:46 PM by dspr4463 RSS

MY returned

VirgoanDiva

I returned a M2 but it still shows up in my list of boxes even though I reset it before sending it back. How do I remove it from my account?

• Re: MY returned
          SlingSupportMagdalena Moderators

Hello,

I understand you are trying to remove a Slingbox you no longer have. Resetting the Slingbox will not necessarily remove it from your account. In order to delete the Slingbox, you would have to use the directory. The picture below shows where you would delete the Slingbox from:

Dir_Status_2.ashx

For further reference, please review the article below:

Thank you,

Maggie

Sling Media Support Team!

dspr4463

I can not figure out any other way to deal  with this other than jumping from this link.

I have sling box M2 6 months out of warranty, and knowledge base is of no help.

It dropped from my router, and will not connect. I have done resets, hard resets, uninstall-reinstall and still no luck.

I have power light on, network light on steady, ( I tried wifi and wired) and blinking light on logo.

When I go to setup, to start over, it says A960 slingbox found but can not connect.

It think it acts like it has a IP address stuck in it.

Back 15 months ago, when I bought this sling box, the reason I had to buy it is because the one I had quit working the same way and I could not reinstall it.

I am about ready to give up on this one as well and forget slingbox all together.

If you have an answer to help, I can be reached at dspr4463@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Dennis

ms.T Novice

Do you get an error code other than it cannot connect? Was this using the Slingplayer for Dekstop? Did you try to setup through the Slingplayer app on your phone or iPad?

dspr4463

Thank you for your reply.

The errors are always either not connected to network or be sure Sling Box is powered on, or router may have an issue.

I have several others things connected to router, both wired and wireless. I reset my router several times, tried another router,

everything else works except my sling box. I just tried it now and the error was W200.

I have tried everything on the forums, and trouble shooting help list but nothing works.

I appreciate your  help.

Dennis

dspr4463

I forgot to mention, I tried the desktop app, uninstalled it and tried again, tried it from multiple computers, as well as windows table and android phone.

Dennis

ms.T Novice

I don't know if this might be of help to you then,

Slingbox.com - Help setting up Internet Viewing when you have multiple routers

ms.T Novice

Also, if that seems like too much work you can always try a direct hard wired connection to your router.

dspr4463

Hello,

I do only have one router. And it is connected by wire to my sling box, power light is on, network light is steady on and one light is blinking on the logo. So it thinks it is connected to internet, when you scan for it, it says found, when it tries to do the setup, then it says can not find sling box, be sure it is connected.

It was always working on a wired connection, it is just when our power was off for 3 hours that it will not connect again.

And after the power outage,  when it did not work, after trouble shooting many things, I also tried setting up port forwarding to port 5001.

So still nothing working yet.

To me it seems like an old IP address is stuck in the sling box that doing a hard reset should clear it out, but it does not.

Any other ideas for me to try?

Thanks,

Dennis

dspr4463

Hello,

Have not heard anything since my last reply, just checking to see if you have any other ideas on sling box.

Dennis

ms.T Novice

Sorry about that. It's odd that the network light is still on if it keeps giving you errors. Almost as if it did connect to the network. Have you tried to just configure the network? Let me know what errors you get, or hopefully it goes through.

Slingbox.com - Changing Slingbox M1/M2 network configuration

dspr4463

Yes, I tried that as well. I have tried it from desktop and changed it from

wired to wifi many times, from desktop and Android.

And then last weekend, I was getting desperate to get it done so I thought

I would try deleted the whole slingbox from my account and now I can not

reinstall it.

It is frustrating to say the least.

Anything else? Seems Like a HARD reset should release everything but I

think that it is not being reset.

Dennis