2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 11:01 AM by DrK RSS

Connects on home network, not on internet

skydyver

I have a Slingbox Classic, which is hardwired to my Netgear WNDR3700 router.  The slingbox works great on my home network, but I'm unable to setup internet viewing.  I'm leaving to go out of town for 6 weeks in a couple days, and my laptop/slingbox combo is the only tv I will have, so I really need to get this working.

I've tried setting up the internet viewing using both the slingplayer setup assistant and the web setup.  Both were unsuccessful.  I've gone into the router setup and manually set up port forwarding, using port 5001 and ip 192.168.1.254, as recommended by the setup programs. I originally had it set to TCP/UDP, but switched to TCP only per a post I found here.  I have UPnP turned on on my router.  The slingbox does not show up in the UPnP Portmap Table, but it does show in the Connected Devices. Yet when I try to confirm my internet viewing, I keep getting a message that the setup was unsuccessful.  I'm at my wit's end.  I've tried rebooting the router and the slingbox.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong so I don't have to go without watching my home sports teams for the next 6 weeks?

Thanks.