2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 10:47 AM by tcaradonna RSS

DESKTOP SHORTCUT

marlboro

I'VE HAD SLINGBOX FOR 4 YEARS AND JUST TRIED TO LOAD SOFTWARE ON A NEW WINDOWS 7 PC.  I CANNOT GET A DESKTOP SHORTCUT SO I CAN WATCH SLINGBOX.  PLEASE HELP!

• Re: DESKTOP SHORTCUT
          Apprentice

Hi, marlboro

It seems that you want to know how to get the SlingPlayer software icon on your computer.

You only need to download and install the SlingPlayer software on your computer. If the icon does not appear automatically, I recommend you to finish the installation. Then, click on the Windows (left hand side bottom corner) and go to Programs. Look for the SlingPlayer software and right-click on it. Select the option that says "Shortcut" or "Create Shortcut".

Regards

• Re: DESKTOP SHORTCUT
              tcaradonna Novice

Since the StandAlone Player is being phased out of support, the only way to watch is from a webpage.  I resurrected this thread to explain how to do this for the webplayer.

HINT: You can create a shortcut to the watch.slingbox.com site and place on your Windows desktop.  It is very easy to do.  From Moxilla Firefox, drag the icon to the left of the location bar onto your desktop.  You can get fancy by changing the displayed icon via the right-click-->properties-->change icon

I haven't tried it doing this on other browser types, but I'm certain it's possible.