3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2011 2:15 PM by azeducator RSS

Japan Hikari NTT with Stream Cruiser

azeducator

I tried the custom remote at:

http://remotes.slingbox.com/

Only the 'mute' button works. Is there anyone else using Sling in Japan that has faired better? If 'mute' is working I believe it is set up correctly.

Thanks in advance

• Re: Japan Hikari NTT with Stream Cruiser
          azeducator

Model: ST-770

alanrichey42 Master
            If 'mute' is working I believe it is set up correctly.

Not true I'm afraid.   The volume and mute buttons are hijacked by Slingplayer and used to control it's own volume.  They are never sent to the device.  So the fact they work proves nothing.

I would like to help, but can find no trace of Hikari NTT.  In fact if I do a Google search for it the only thing that come up is your post here.   Is it a 'badged' box ?

azeducator

It most likely is, but most of the writing is in Japanese which ai bit limited for me currently. The first thing I did when the TV Tuner arrived was try to find the manufacurers website in English for a direction manaul for the remote. Through trial and error I have managed to crack the onscreen Japanese. Things are not very tourist friendly in Japan generally. Thanks for letting me know about the 'mute' button. I will check volume shortly. I will also take a picture of the box and see if friend can help me find more info on it and post in this section.