2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2013 4:37 PM by sbepko RSS

Sling box HD Pro will not stay connected

ACC25442

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.  I have a Slingbox HD Pro which I use remotely in conjunction with my iPad.  The problem is that every day or two the Internet connection to the sling box is apparently lost. The only way I have found to fix it is to physically power down the Slingbox and then plug it back in.  It the works perfectly...for a day or two and then imhave to go through the process again.  Is it normal for the Slingbox to be constantly dropping the Internet connection?  Is there something I can try or should be doing differently?  Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Re: Sling box HD Pro will not stay connected
          Apprentice

Hi ACC25442, to ensure a good communication between your Slingbox and your network make sure that the Slingbox is properly attached to your network.

If you use Slinglinks use the troubleshooting below to make sure that they are working properly.

A guide to basic SlingLink and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting

SlingLink troubleshooting when home automation devices are present

-If the Slingbox is hardwired to the router then I suggest you reset your Slingbox to factory settings and then set it up again in Setup.slingbox.com

Regards.

• Re: Sling box HD Pro will not stay connected
              sbepko

Here's another nuance I've just discovered.  I have 5 slingboxes (!) at home, including 2 Pro HD's and 3 older models.  I can remotely connect reliably to all of them in the morning and early afternoon, but come about 5PM local time I can no longer access ANY of them ("Network Error", "trouble Connecting...," etc..)  Ene logging into a different link via a firend's website will still not let me connect.  In addition, I have 2 IP security cams- I can connect to the one that's connected wirelessly to the Router, but not the wired (Ethernet cable through a switch)  one.  Also have a Belkin @TV widget in the mix (hardwired), same timing and issues as with the Sling widgets.

Granted, I have a relatively complex network- 1 4-port Netgear 4500, each port connected to an 8-port Gigabit switch.  The Slingboxes as well as the problematic camera all go through a secondary Gigabit switch (2 different ones) .

I just cannot envision any hardware issue on my end that would result this temporally dependent behavior.  It has occurred now for three straight days.  Doesn't matter whether i use the older Slingplayer app or one of the newer browser based plug-ins, same issue.  I have never noticed the issue when at home within my own network.  The only "IP Switch" issue I've ever noticed was with my TiVo in updating reliably, a direct connection through only 1 gigabit switch seemed to solve that (at least for a while).

Anyone have any clues or other diagnostic procedures I can go through?  Could the local ISP here (Cox) be disabling streaming at certain times of the day (but then, why would one camera work and not ther other)?