4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 1:05 PM by shawna1978 RSS

New cable modem

mjochs

I had to get a new cable modem from Comcast and now everything is working except my Slingbox. It is not recognized and it appears to not be making a connection to the internet. Comcast would not help at all - can anyone give me any help? I have checked and rechecked every connection and unplugged everything and plugged it back in several times. Nothing is working. Any help out there?

• Re: New cable modem
          mjochs

Just spent 2 hours working on this and have decided the easiest thing to do is return it and get a new one.

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

drhenning53 Newbie

I got a new Comcast/Xfinity cable modem recently and it was reset and became a router instead of a bridge to my router which caused my Slingbox to disconnect from the internet...    Had to call XFINITY support to reset my modem as a bridge and after 2 weeks of not working outside my home, it now works on my cell phone  using the Cell Netowrk!!! Hurray...    Check to see if your new Comcast Modem is a Router or a Bridge...

shawna1978 Newbie

Hi all,

We are sorry to hear that you haven't been able to access your Slingbox. When you change the modem or the router you will have to reconfigure the Slingbox. What you will want to do is reset the Slingbox and then go back through the setup again. You will go to setup.slingbox.com and then the setup process will begin.

Hope this helps,

Sling Moderation Team