2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2011 4:29 PM by Josebrenes RSS

Slow download

pederfl1

I've just purchased a PRO-HD and have issues with the download speed.

I connected from work today and got connection speed of up to 3,700 kbps, but from home I never get more than 900, and generally I'm at about 500.

My PC meets the requirements for streaming HD-material.

I run Windows 7.

I've tested my internet connection to 20 Mbit, so that isn't the issue.

My ISP delivered router/modem is a Sagem 3564, and I'm guessing that's where the issue is.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

/EP

• Re: Slow download
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I have found the free software TCPOptimizer (available at http://www.speedguide.net/sg_tools.php) to be quite useful for maximizing the upload and download speeds for all of my PCs (Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 among the bunch that I own).

You need to run the software with Administrator privileges for the optimum settings that the software selects to "stick".

• Re: Slow download
            Novice

Hi pederfl1,

What I understand from your post, is that you're having issues with the Slingbox streaming from a remote location.

In this case, what I would recommended, is to discard any streaming restrictions from your IT Department, try hardwired connections between the Slingbox and router and check the wireless settings.

Besides that, you can try to connect from a different network to discard the current one as a potential issue.

Also, make sure that you're using a hardwired connection between the Slingbox and router and try to use a different port during the Internet Viewing as well.