4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2011 10:54 AM by dbsguy RSS

Direct TV satellite box not listed

RangerG75

I just upgraded my house with all new Direct TV boxes.  They are model number HR24/200.  When I did this I still owned my Slingbox classic and it will not support these new boxes so I bought a new Solo.  When I went to set the system up the HR24/200 was not listed among the available options.  I used the HR22.  It kinda works but it doesn't do one thing that you really kind of need- turn everything on and off.  Suggestions?

• Re: Direct TV satellite box not listed
          alanrichey42 Master

It kinda works but it doesn't do one thing that you really kind of need- turn everything on and off.  Suggestions?

Without knowing what the 'one thing' is I don't see how anyone can help.   Why didn't you tell us ?

dbsguy Apprentice

Although the HR24 isn't listed, any of the HRx series receivers that atre listed will work (such as the HR22 you chose).

As far is it not working the "DirecTV& TV Power" all on button; it isn't suposed to, nor would you want it to do that. The use of your DirecTV receiver while away from home via your slingbox (or from within your home in a different room for that matter) doesn't need nor require the TV to be on at all.

The slingbox will indeed turn the DirecTV unit on and off by use of the power button located in the top center of the remote.....so what exactly is it that your wanting to do then?

RangerG75

I probably didn't make that as clear as I could have.  I do understand that the TV should not be controlled by the Slingbox remote.  That'd really irritate my wife when I turned it on in the middle of her night.  But the remote will not turn the satellite box on/off.    

dbsguy Apprentice

It dos indeed control on and off on the satellite receiver. Try choosing a different Hx or HRx series receiver from the list. all of them listed will control your receiver; however maybe the one you choose just didn't have the button programmed in.

I have an HR24 working just fine with a slingbox pro hd using the "HR20" code listing from the remote codes listed (and it does indeed control powering the unit on/off).